Fighting thrill stops in Brazil this time bringing the LFA 143 that headlines a Lopes vs. Paiva bout as the main event. The fellow Brazilian duo will lock horns for a light heavyweight championship title. The co-main event will feature Gabriella Fernandes taking on Karoline Martins in an LFA interim flyweight championship. The fight card will offer five other bouts on the main card and six on the preliminary card to the fans.
The LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva fight night will take place on Friday, September 30 at 10 pm ET.
Weigh-In Result (Main Event)
- Bruno Lopes: 204.2 lbs
- Willyanedson Paiva: 204.8 lbs
When will LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva be held?
- Date: The event will be held on Friday, September 30
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
How can I Watch LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva?
- UFC Fight Pass
The LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva bout will be live streamed on UFC Fight Pass. The event will kick off at 10:00 PM ET. The American video streaming service can be accessed with a monthly subscription that costs $9.99 per month.
Where will the event be held?
- Venue: Ginásio de Esportes Geraldo Magalhães
- Capacity: 15,000
The LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva fight night will take place at Ginásio de Esportes Geraldo Magalhães, also known as the Geraldão, located in Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil. The stadium has a capacity of 15,000 spectators.
Find the full card for LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva event below.
- Bruno Lopes vs. Willyanedson Paiva
- Gabriella Fernandes vs. Karoline Martins
- José Delano vs. Jair Jesuino
- Marcelo Marques vs. Augusto Matias
- Caio Machado vs. Gabriel Silva
- Mayara Thays vs. Rose Conceição
- Maicon Douglas vs. Edinaldo Novaes
- Fabio Aguiar vs. Lucas Fernando
- Leonardo da Silva vs. Neto Oliveira
- José Arly vs. Kauê Fernandes
- Miguel Firmino vs. Vitor Costa
- Natalia Alves vs. Ingrid Silva
- Luís Aguiar vs. Cassio Arduini
LFA 143: Lopes vs. Paiva: Prediction (Main Event)
- Bruno Lopes to win by submission
Both fighters are Brazilians, thus both will have the same home advantage. Both of them also weighed almost the same on the scales while Paiva is slightly heavier. His long break between fights will lag him behind as well. However, 24-year-old Paiva is five years younger than his opponent Bruno Lopes. His age may give him some advantage.
Meanwhile, Lopes’s biggest advantage is that he is riding a streak of ten wins. Four of those came by knockouts while four came by submission. Paiva has a record of eight wins and four losses. Three of the wins came by knockout while the other five came by submissions. Bruno Lopes will be by far the favorite one on Friday and is expected to win the bout by submission.