The annual Mountain Bike World Championships are upon us with the 2022 UCI MTB World Championships set to return at Les Gets in France after 18 years. Here, you will know about the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022.
World Championships are some of the most prestigious events in the sport of mountain bike racing. It is considered to be the highest of honors to get a gold medal in this competition. The winners from each discipline will be eligible to wear the esteemed rainbow jersey in events of the same discipline until the next World Championships.
Being the highest stage of mountain bike racing, this event is joined by the best riders of each discipline. In the women’s section, each of the top 3 contestants from the previous edition, including Sina Frey, has returned this year. They will be up against the top 5 of the 2022 MTB World Cup Standings such as; Jenny Rissveds, Anne Terpstra, etc.
The competition in the men’s race will be one to watch. Except for Mathias Flückiger, all of the top 5 riders in the 2022 UCI World Cup overall standings, Nino Schurter, Alan Hatherly, and others have arrived in France.
UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 Schedule:
UCI MTB World Championships 2022 is scheduled to start on August 24. After five days of racing events in different disciplines under different categories, the dust will be settled on August 28.
Let us go through the complete UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 schedule:
Day 1: Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- 12:30 Cross-country Team Relay
Day 2: Thursday, August 25, 2022
- 10:30 Men Junior Downhill – Qualification
- 10:30 Women Junior Downhill – Qualification
- 11:45 Men Elite Downhill – Qualification
- 11:45 Women Elite Downhill – Qualification
- 15:00 Women Junior Cross-country Olympic
- 17:00 Men Junior Cross-country Olympic
Day 3: Friday, August 26, 2022
- 10:00 Women E-MTB Cross-country
- 11:30 Men E-MTB Cross-country
- 17:00 Women Elite Cross-country Short Track
- 17:45 Men Elite Cross-country Short Track
Day 4: Saturday, August 27, 2022
- 09:30 Men Junior Downhill – Final
- 09:30 Women Junior Downhill – Final
- 13:15 Women Elite Downhill – Final
- 14:35 Men Elite Downhill – Final
Day 5: Sunday, August 28, 2022
- 09:00 Women Under 23 Cross-country Olympic
- 10:45 Men Under 23 Cross-country Olympic
- 13:00 Women Elite Cross-country Olympic
- 15:15 Men Elite Cross-country Olympic
*All the times are local time.
Where is the event taking place?
Organized by the French Cycling Federation, UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 is being held in the commune of Les Gets in the south-eastern region of France.
The World Championships is returning to Les Gets for the first time since 2004.
UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 Events: Disciplines & Categories
Similar to the previous editions, there are a total of five disciplines this year. Six categories of participants will take part in these disciplines hoping to win the prestigious gold medal.
- The XCO: Olympic Cross-country
- The XCR: Cross-country Relay
- The XCC: Cross-country Short Track
- The DHI: Downhill Individual
- The E-MTB (electrically assisted mountain bike)
- Men’s Elite
- Women’s Elite
- Men’s Under 23
- Women’s Under 23
- Men’s Junior
- Women’s Junior
In the event of the team relay, teams consist of three men and three women from the Junior, U23, and Elite age categories.
How to Watch UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 on TV?
- La Chaîne L’Équipe
L’Équipe is the national sports channel of France. They will broadcast the 5-day long event from the start to finish.
- Redbull TV
Redbull TV will be broadcasting the 2022 MTB World Championships in selected regions only as there are geo-restrictions imposed on this popular TV network
How to Watch Livestream the event?
The best way to watch UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2022 Livestream from the U.S. and Canada is through FloBikes. However, if you are from outside the USA or Canada, you can join FloBikes using a VPN and catch all the action from Les Gets. FloBikes cost $30 per month or $150 per year.