Riot games just dropped the 5.12 PBE update for Valorant. With the new update comes some significant changes to the game. Let us have a look at the details related to the public beta environment update of the fan-favorite competitive FPS game.
Agent Updates with Valorant 5.12 PBE
15 of the 20 existing agents are facing some major and minor changes in the new Valorant update. Changes are mostly either in ultimate point, ability duration and cost. However, the most significant change will be for the top tier sentinel in the game.
Chamber has been a meta-shifting agent since his debut in the game. Everyone’s beloved French weapon designer had all the abilities for both aggressive and defensive players to enjoy. However, his recent rework might change the situation to a good degree. They are –
- Updated Stability Curve
- Spread increased after 2nd bullet, when spamming. This is explicitly meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure at range
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range
- Radius increased 7.5m >> 13m
- Removed teleport activation height restriction
- You can teleport to the Anchor while on different verticality so long as you are within its radius
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting 0.4s >> 0.7s
- Headhunter is unaffected by this change
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round, instead of being placed on a cooldown
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting
- Health decreased 80 >> 50
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range, and reactivate once he is inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round without line of sight
- 30s cooldown on recall
- Destruction remains permanent
- Initial Arm Time increased 2s >> 4s
- Health Increased 1 >> 20
Tour De Force
- Fire rate decreased by 57.5%
- This applies to both Trademark and Tour De Force
- Reduced duration 6s >> 4s
Chamber’s headhunter ability will see an increment in spread following the 2nd bullet. Which is to fight against body shot spamming. This has been a major complain among fans since his introduction. The radius of his rendezvous is increased, their health is now 30 lower. Trademark is now range-restricted and arm time is increased to 4 second. In addition, the fire rate of tour de force is decreased by 57.5%.
Changes to the rest of agent pool are listed below –
- Breach – Rolling Thunder Ultimate Point increased 7 >> 8
- Cypher – Trapwire Health increased 1 >> 20
- Fade – Prowler Health decreased 100 >> 60
- Harbor – High Tide Duration increased 12s >> 15, Cascade Duration increased 5s >> 7s
- KAY/0 – ZERO/POINT Health increased 1 >> 20, NULL/cmd Ultimate point increased 7 >> 8
- Killjoy – Lockdown Health increased 150 >> 200, Nanoswarm Health increased 1 >> 20
- Omen – Paranoia Cost decreased 300 >> 250
- Phoenix – Blaze Cost decreased 200 >> 150
- Raze – Boom Bot Health decreased 100 >> 60, Blast Pack Health increased 1 >> 20
- Sage – Barrier Orb Fortify delay increased 3s >> 3.3s, Healing Orb Self heal amount decreased 60HP >> 30HP, Healing Orb Any heal amount increased 60HP >> 100HP
- Sova – Recon Bolt Health increased 1 >> 20
- Skye – Trailblazer Cost increased 250 >> 300, Regrowth Cost decreased 200 >> 150
- Viper – Viper’s Pit Smoke integrity regeneration 5s >> 25s, Ultimate points increased 7 >> 8
- Yoru – Gatecrash Health decreased 100 >> 150, Cost decreased 200 >> 150
Some ability interactions have also faced some visual and duration increment. These are –
- Concuss, Nearsight, Detained – Assist tail increased 2s >> 3s
- Exiting Smokes, Slow – Assist tail increased 1s >> 2s
- Suppression – 3s assist tail
In addition, there is a surprising new addition to the interaction between one agent’s ability with another. For example, Phoenix’s hothand will now actively damage Cypher’s trapwires. These are to encourage players use their abilities more tactically.
Furthermore, allied ability damage immunity is also introduced to counter the ability damage system. Therefore, allied abilities won’t get damage by teammates. For example, teammate Skye’s trailblazer won’t get damaged anymore by friendly fire.
Weapon Update with Valorant 5.12 PBE
This update introduces a major rework to the Spectre weapon. A third damage range is added to distribute damage count more accurately. These are –
- 0m-15m: 26 damage
- 15m-30m: 22 damage
- 30m+: 20 damage
Therefore, bullets travelled over 30m won’t damage enemies over 22 damage anymore like before.
The new 5.12 PBE update is presenting players with some neat changes to the game. While, some sentinel players aren’t very fond of the update, majority of the fanbase is receiving the changes positively.
What is your opinion on the latest Valorant update? Are you a Chamber main? Do you have any disagreement with any new changes of the 5.12 update? Share your thoughts in the comments below and stay with us for the latest news on Valorant and other e-sports games.