Justin Thomas Says LIV Golf Players’ Complaints Over OWGR Don’t Make Sense

The Saudi Arabian-backed LIV Golf circuit players are still not eligible to earn Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR) points. American professional golfer Justin Thomas says he does not understand their complaints regarding ranking points. “It’s their fault,” the former World No. 1 said.

LIV Golf sent a letter to Peter Dawson, chairman of the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR) on Tuesday applying for the recognition of the circuit’s players. The letter contained e-signatures of all 48 players who competed at Rich Harvest Farms last week. After starting its journey in June, five LIV Golf events have been staged so far.

Thomas said that he doesn’t understand why they applied so. Now the world golf ranking doesn’t include top names who moved to the LIV golf circuit but the American thinks it’s their fault. He mentioned that he might do the same in such a situation but that doesn’t necessarily make sense. He paid respect to the governing bodies system which determines the world’s best players. 

World No. 3 Cameron Smith is the current top-ranked player in the LIV Golf. He moved to the circuit after finishing the Tour Championship. If the OWGR board doesn’t get convinced to recognize the series, its players will continue to slide down the World Ranking which would make it difficult for them to qualify for major championships.

FIFA World Cup 2026 Group Squads

The Structural Reality of Group A in the 48-Team Era In the previous 32-team format, Group A was often considered a bracket for elite European...

The FIFA World Cup 2026 Ball TRIONDA

Design, Specs, and Release Guide This guide covers everything you need to know about the official match ball for the FIFA World Cup 2026, named...

FIFA World Cup 2026 Halftime Show

Performers, Venue Details, and Global Citizen Theme Explained This guide provides a comprehensive breakdown of the first-ever FIFA World Cup last halftime present at MetLife...
DMCA.com Protection Status