As per the newly released patch notes, a number of changes are coming to Pearl, the Lisbon-based map of Valorant.
Valorant is one of the biggest tactical 5v5 FPS currently. Maps are an essential part of any FPS game. Valorant is no exception. To this day, Riot Games have introduced a total of eight maps for Valorant. Pearl is the latest one to be added to the map rotation, replacing ‘Split’ in the process.
Riot has just released the Valorant patch notes 5.06. They have brought multiple changes and addition to different aspects of the game. However, the highlight of the patch notes has to be the eventual changes being made to ‘Pearl’. Let’s check out all the changes mentioned in the patch notes.
All the Pearl changes from 5.06 compiled together here: pic.twitter.com/3xqysQfL9U
— Shiick (@Shiick) September 20, 2022
- A Main – Removing a cut-out on the wall of A Main to simplify the space, which should also make this area slightly easier for defenders to aggro into.
- A Main to A Site – This spot was unnecessarily tough to smoke effectively. By tightening the choke by a margin, we hope to make smoking easier and give a small buff to defenders (i.e, a new utility spot). The cubby on the right will also shrink slightly to keep it from being too deep.
- A Art – We noticed the difficulty both sides have had moving effectively through A Art. We’re simplifying the space so there are fewer areas to check.
- B Main – Lowered waist-high wall on the left side of B Main so that it can no longer completely hide anyone.
- B Link – This box provides a good piece of cover for Attackers pushing B link, but it’s been tough to re-clear for defenders. We’re keeping a little attacker-side power, but making it easier for defenders to manage. The stack of boxes cover closer to the site will shift from the left side to the right, to simplify the number of angles approaching players need to consider, as well as close a difficult sightline to B Hall.
- Mid Shops – Clearing this area in Mid Shops is harder than we intended. By extending the platform, we’re still keeping some of the holding power for attackers, but making it easier to push this area.
- Mid Shops to Mid Plaza – This is another spot on Mid Shops that has proven to be painful to clear when trying to move through mid. So we’ve removed one of the corners.
- Mid Top – Mid currently favors attackers so we’ve pushed in a wall on Mid Top, to remove a 50-50 check. This should make it slightly easier for defenders to challenge mid.
The patch notes dropped on the 20th of September, 2022. The update is expected to be downloadable in all the regions very soon.