Birmingham Classic 2022 is going to take place at Edgbaston Priory Club from 13 June to 19 June. It is a WTA 250 series of WTA Tour event 2022 and the 40th edition o the tournament. Here is everything you need to know including preview, schedule, how to watch on television and live stream, top seeds, and prize money of the Birmingham Classic 2022.
Birmingham Classic 2022 also known as Rothesay Classic Birmingham is the 40th edition of the tournament. This WTA 250 series will feature both singles and doubles women’s tennis matches. Birmingham Classic will host top players like Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko, and Petra Kvitova on its outdoor grass court.
Jelena Ostapenko is the No. 1 seed of the Birmingham Classic and is currently ranked 16th in the WTA world ranking. She was the 2017 Rolland Garros Winner and Semifinalist of the Rolland Garros in WTA Doubles. But she is not in good form currently, although she can be very dangerous in her days.
Simona Halep ranked No. 20 as the second seed in the tournament. The Romanian former world No. 1 is not in a good form also. She was not able to pass the Round of 64 o the French Open and Round of 32 of the Italian Open. Her best performance was in the quarterfinal of the Madrid Open.
Camila Giorgi and Elise Mertens are the 3rd and 4th seeds of Birmingham Open 2022. Petra Kvitova, Katie Boulter, and Harriet Dart received the Wild Card. Former Champion Ons Jabeur is not participating this year.
When is Birmingham Classic 2022?
The Birmingham Classic is going to start on Monday, June 13, and will continue till Sunday, June 19.
Here, you will find the full schedule of the Birmingham Classic 2022:
- Monday, June 13: Round of 32
- Tuesday, June 14: Round of 32
- Wednesday, June 15: Round of 16
- Thursday, June 16: Quarter Final
- Friday, June 17: Quarter Final
- Saturday, June 18: Semi-Final
- Sunday, June 19: Final
Where is Rothesay Classic Birmingham?
- Venue: Edgbaston Priory Club, Birmingham, London, UK
- Capacity: 2,500
The Rothesay Classic Birmingham 2022 will take place at the Edgbaston Priory Club in London, UK. The venue has a capacity of 2,500 people at the center court.
How to Watch Birmingham Classic 2022?
- Tennis Channel: Tennis Channel has reserved all the rights to show the Birmingham Classic on their channel. If you are out of their cable network, you can sign in to their official website to watch the live stream of the tournament.
- BBC: BBC will broadcast the whole tournament in the UK.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime Video will telecast the Rothesay Classic Birmingham 2022 in the UK. You will need to buy a paid subscription for that. Amazon Prime Video will cost you $8.99 a month.
- TSN: In Canada, Tennis fans can enjoy the live action on TSN Network.
- DAZN: In Canada.
- bEIN: Australian Fans can enjoy the match in bEIN Sports.
- Eurosport: France
Here are the top seeds of the tournament:
Queen’s Club 2022 Prize Money:
The total prize money for the Cinch Championship is €2,134,520. Here is the full prize money if the tournament:
- Winner: $29,800
- Finalist: $16,398
- Semi-finalist: $10,100
- Quarter-finalist: $5,800
- Round Of 16: $3,675
- Round Of 32: $2,675
Birmingham Classic 2022 is the 40th edition of the championship. It is also known as Rothesay Classic Birmingham. It is a WTA 250 tour event and one of the oldest and most prestigious WTA tournaments of the year. So, Sit tight and enjoy the live-action of the tennis battles. and don’t forget to visit us as we will cover all the updates of the Rothesay Classic Birmingham 2022.