The most prestigious team event in the sport of tennis, Davis Cup 2022 is back with the leading tennis nations around the world participating to clinch the ultimate glory of winning what is known as the World Cup of Tennis. We will help you find out everything you need to know about the event, including the schedule, how to watch, group, and venues.
The finals of the 110th edition of the Davis Cup is set to get underway this Tuesday, taking place across four different venues. 16 top nations that are divided into 4 groups will be competing for the title. The top two teams from each group will qualify for the knockout stage. The defending champion is Russia. However, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Russian tennis federation was banned from fielding a team for the 2022 Davis Cup finals.
With the absence of Russia, Spain and Italy are currently the top favorites to win the event. Although Spain’s greatest, Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the group stage, topping the group should be hard for the Spaniards with the likes of Carlos Alcaraz and Pablo Carreno Busta. As for Italy, with two top 15 players (Sinner, Berrettini) and two doubles grand-slam winners, (Fognini, Bolelli) their group stage run should be smooth sailing. In the other two groups, Australia is expected to top Group C, while the USA and the UK are joint favorites to come first in Group D.
With so many top players on display, the 2022 Davis Cup Finals is sure to be an exciting event.
When is the Davis Cup 2022 taking place?
The Davis Cup 2022 is scheduled to begin on Sept. 13, 2022. The event will start with the group stage this Tuesday and run through next Sunday on Sept. 18. Following the conclusion of the group stage, there will be a break of over 2 months before the start of the knockout stage on the 24th of November.
The complete group stage schedule for the Davis Cup 2022:
- Argentina vs Sweden– 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Canada vs South Korea– 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- Belgium vs Australia: 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- Kazakhstan vs Netherlands– 4 pm BST (Glasgow)
- Croatia vs Italy– 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Spain vs Serbia– 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- France vs Germany– 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- Great Britain vs USA– 4 pm BST (Glasgow)
- Croatia vs Sweden– 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Serbia vs South Korea– 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- France vs Australia– 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- USA vs Kazakhstan– 4 pm BST (Glasgow)
- Italy vs Argentina – 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Spain vs Canada– 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- Germany vs Belgium – 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- Great Britain vs Netherlands– 3 pm BST (Glasgow)
- Croatia vs Argentina – 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Canada vs Serbia – 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- France vs Belgium – 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- USA vs Netherlands – 2 pm BST (Glasgow)
- Italy vs Sweden– 4 pm CET (Bologna)
- Spain vs South Korea – 4 pm CET (Valencia)
- Germany vs Australia – 2 pm CET (Hamburg)
- Great Britain vs Kazakhstan – 2 pm BST (Glasgow)
- 24-27 November- Malaga, Spain
Where is the event taking place?
The Davis Cup 2022 Finals are taking place in five venues across four countries. Each group will compete at a different venue. The venues are as follows:
- Unipol Arena (Bologna, Italy), Capacity: 11,000
- Emirates Arena (Glasgow, Great Britain, Capacity: 8,200
- Am Rothenbaum (Hamburg, Germany), Capacity: 10,000
- Pavelló Municipal Font de Sant Lluís (Valencia, Spain),Capacity: 9,000
- Martin Carpena Arena (Malaga, Spain), Capacity: 11,300
The first four venues will play host to the group stage matches, while the Martin Carpena Arena in Malaga will host the qualified nations for the knockout stage.
How to Watch Davis Cup 2022 on TV?
- Tennis Channel
American fans can watch the Davis Cup 2022 on Tennis Channel. BBC and Rogers will broadcast the event for the people in the UK and Canada, respectively.
Fans from over 100 nations can watch the games on their countries’ cable networks. To avail of the full list of networks with broadcasting rights, click here.
How to live stream the event?
- Fubo TV
- Sling TV
OTT platforms, such as Fubo TV and Sling TV give you access to the live broadcast of Tennis Channel. So, you can live stream Davis Cup 2022 by joining these streaming services. However, these are paid platforms. You will need to pay $70/ month for Fubo and $35/month for Sling.
Let us go through the groups for the first stage of Davis Cup Finals 2022:
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|