2022 Italian Open Final is going to take place in Centre Court, Grand Stand Arena in Rome, Italy on Sunday, 15th May. Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsistsipas will square up for the ATP Masters 1000 title whereas Iga Swiatek will take over Ons Jabeur for the WTA title. Here you will find all the details about the time, schedule, how to watch, location, and predictions of the 2022 Italian Open Final.
Italian Open Final Match Details
- Tournament: 2022 Italian Open Final
- Time: 7:00 to 10:00 AM ET on Sunday, May 15
- Round: Final
- Venue: Center Court, Rome, Italy
- Surface: Claycourt
- Prize Money: €6,008,725
- Live telecast: USA – Tennis Channel, Sling TV | UK – Amazon Prime Video.
The 79th edition of the Italian Open will come to an end with Sunday’s Finals. The full tournament has been very competitive this year with top seeds of the year battling against each other to reach the final. Many have been knocked out in the race for the titles. We have seen a lot of overwhelming tennis battles throughout the tournament.
Novak Djokovic, the 20-time grand slam winner has passed out some biggest and toughest opponents to reach the final for the ATP title. He will face Stefanos Tsitsipas for the title battle. Both of them are very promising whereas Djokovic is much experienced with 1000th tour-level victory and Tsitsipas is young blood with great talent.
In the WTA final, Iga Swiatek will square up with Ons Jabeur for the title. Swiatek had been very aggressive to pick up the title race. On her way, she defeated Sabalenka, Andreescu, and Azarenka to reach the final. Jabeur will be under the pressure though Swiatek has to pay the price for the title.
When is the 2022 Italian Open Final?
The final of both ATP and WTA will take place at 10:00 AM ET on Sunday, May 15 at Center Court, Foro Italica, Rome, Italy.
Italian Open Final Schedule
- Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas – 10:00 AM ET
- Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur – 7:00 AM ET
- John Isner & Diego Schwartzman VS Nikola Mektic & Mate Pavic – 8 AM ET
- A. Pavlyuchenkova & V. Kudermetova VS G. Dabrowski & G. Olmos – 9:30 AM ET
Where is the Italian Open 2022 Final?
The Italian Open Final 2o22 will take place at outdoor clay courts at the Foro Italico in Rome, Italy.
- Venue: Centre Court, Grand Stand Arena in Rome, Italy
- Capacity: 8000
Who will Play in ATP and WTA Italian Open Finals?
- Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Iga Swiatek vs Ons Jabeur
- John Isner & Diego Schwartzman VS Nikola Mektic & Mate Pavic
- A. Pavlyuchenkova & V. Kudermetova VS G. Dabrowski & G. Olmos
Italian Open Final 2022 Prizemoney
- Men’s Singles: €836,355
- Women’s Singles: €332,260
- Men’s Doubles: €252,980
- Women’s Doubles: €97,016
How to watch Italian Open Final 2022?
- USA: In the United States, the Italian Open Final 2022 will be aired on Tennis Channel and Sling TV.
- UK: UK fans can enjoy the Italian Open Final via Amazon Prime Video.
- Canada: In Canada, Livestream is available on DAZN, TSN, and Rogers Sportsnet.
- Australia: All of the action will be broadcast live on beIN Sports in Australia.
- Italy: The Final match between Djokovic vs Tsitsipas will be broadcast live on Sky Italia by the host country.
Italian Open Final 2022 Predictions
After watching the full tournaments of ATP and WTA it is very hard to pick the champion before the match. The Italian Open 2022 had been very unpredictable this year. Younger players have been seen to have triumphed over experienced ones.
Now in the final. World No. 1 Djokovic will start the final match as a hot Favourite and contender for the title. But he had to pass the rising talent Tsitsipas who have been very good through the tournament. Tsitsipas knocked out Zverev in the semifinal, and Sinner in the quarter-final. It seems like Tsitsipas is well determined to have the winner smile. However, Djokovic is the opponent everyone wants to avoid. With the experience of 20 grand slam winning, Djokovic will stand strong.
In WTA, Swiatek is clearly the favorite over Jabeur in the final. Swiatek took over Azarenka, Sabalenka, and Andreescu to get the titles for herself. She will be well determined for winning the final, however, Jabeur will strongly defend her confidence.
- Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic will win in straight sets.
- Women’s Singles: Iga Swiatek will win.