Canelo Alvarez will face Dmitry Bivol on Saturday, May 7 at the T-Mobile Arena. Here, you will know the preview, date, time, venue, how to watch, fight cards, odds, and prediction of the Canelo vs Bivol match.
Canelo comes into this fight with a remarkable 57 wins, including 39 knockouts, and he’ll be facing a fighter who hasn’t had a blemish on his record in his professional career. Bivol, a 31-year-old Kyrgyzstan-born boxer, has won all 19 of his professional fights, including 11 knockouts, despite the fact that this is a significant step up in the level of competition.
The battle against Sullivan Barrera at Madison Square Garden in New York in March 2018 was Bivol’s first TKO in the 12th Round, and since then he has won his last six bouts by unanimous decision. His most recent fight in Ekaterinburg, Russia, was a snoozer by unanimous decision against Umar Salamov in December 2021.
When is Canelo vs Bivol?
Date: Saturday, May 7
- Undercard: 8 p.m. ET
- Main event: 11 p.m. ET
- Venue: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
- Capacity: 20,000 people
The Canelo vs Bivol event will take place on T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. The facility can hold up to 20,000 people.
How to watch Canelo vs Bivol?
DAZN has reserved all the exclusive rights to show the Canelo vs Bivol match on their platform. They will be covering the PPV of the event. You will be able to watch the event from more than 200 countries.
- PPV Price: The PPV will cost you $59.99. This pricing is for those who are already subscribers to the channel. But if you are new, you will have to subscribe to the platform with $19.99 per month.
Canelo vs Bivol Fight Cards:
- Canelo Álvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol
- Montana Love vs. G. Valenzuela
- Christian Gomez vs. Shakhram Giyasov
- Marc Castro vs. Pedro Vicente
- Zhilei Zhang vs. Scott Alexander
- J. Velazquez vs. Jose Soto
- Alexis Espino vs. Aaron Silva
- Manuel Correa vs. Elnur Abduraimov
- Fernando Molina vs. R. Valdovinos
Here are the odds of Canelo vs Bivol match:
- Fight result (2-way line): Canelo -600 (bet $600 to win $100) | Bivol +340 (bet $100 to win $340)
- Over/Under: 10.5 rounds (Over -360 | Under +235)
Canelo vs Bivol Prediction:
Alvarez may have gotten more accolades for challenging Bivol than any other fight in his current run of daring to be great. Bivol is statistically among the sport’s leaders He is a good combination puncher who can play chess for 12 rounds. He can mix in body blows and manage bouts from a distance better than anyone in boxing. Bivol’s main flaw is that he prefers to box at a slow pace and doesn’t take risks unless his opponents compel him to. The battle will be fascinating if Bivol is eager to make Alvarez pay for his advancement. Alvarez will eventually find himself at a disadvantage due to his lack of height and reach.
Prediction: Dmitry Bivol will win this fight.