Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua will face-off at their rematch for the world heavyweight title tonight in Jeddah. The weigh-in for the event took place on Friday afternoon. Here, you will know the Usyk Vs Joshua 2 Weigh-In Results and Fight Cards.
Usyk Vs Joshua 2 Weigh-In Results
Usyk weighed in at 221.5lbs, while Anthony Joshua registered 244.5lbs on the scales. Both fighters have gained weight compared to their weights in the first bout.
- Oleksandr Usyk: 221.5lbs – 0.25lbs heavier
- Anthony Joshua: 244.5lbs – 4.5lbs heavier
In their previous bout, Usyk and Joshua weighed 221¼ lbs and 240lbs respectively.
During the fight week, rumors arose about the defending champion’s weight gain. However, Usyk managed to limit the count to 221.5lbs. He surprised fans by being just a quarter pound heavier than his weight in the first bout. Meanwhile, Joshua’s weight is measured 244.5lbs, with a 4.5lbs increase from his previous weight.
Joshua gained the extra weight according to his plan to be aggressive in the rematch while Usyk tried to hold on to his previous weight which secured him the title. Now how the two fighters turn this weight gain into an advantage is the thing to watch this Saturday.
Usyk Vs Joshua 2 Fight Card
- Heavyweight (WBA, IBF and WBO): Oleksandr Usyk (c) vs. Anthony Joshua
- Heavyweights: Filip Hrgovic vs. Zhilei Zhang
- Callum Smith vs. Mathieu Bauderlique (Light Heavyweights)
- Badou Jack vs. Richard Rivera (Cruiserweights)
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs. Jose Alatorre (Super Lightweights)
- Ramla Ali vs. Crystal Garcia Nova (Women’s Super Bantamweights)
- Andrew Tabiti vs. James Wilson (Heavyweights)
- Ben Whittaker vs. Petar Nosic (Light Heavyweights)
- Daniel Lapin vs. Jozef Jurko (Light Heavyweights)
- Bader Al Samreen vs. Faud Taverdi (Super Lightweights)
The main event is expected to start around 10:30 PM BST. UK fans can watch the fight live via Sky Sports Box Office while US fans can watch it on DAZN.